The aim of the CBRN Environmental Sample Analysis course is to provide participants with the basic knowledge about the chemistry of chemical agents and methods of sample preparation for analysis by using gas chromatography–mass spectrometry technique.
- Chemistry of chemical agents
- Degradation of nerve agents and methods of derivatization.
- Chemical agents detection in the field (advantages and disadvantages)
- Laboratory techniques in samples destruction (decontamination) and waste disposal.
- Sample preparation in the laboratory
- Main analytical instruments
- Analysis of samples using GC-MS Technique
- OPCW GC-MS Database
- Independent practical problem solving
The course will be a mixture of lectures and hands-on training relevant to sample preparation and analysis by using gas chromatography and mass spectrometry techniques. The course will also familiarise participants with the available OPCW database (GC-MS Data) for chemical verification
This course is open to military personnel, law enforcement, civil servants working in relevant international organisations, safety and security personnel.
Experience/ certification in analytical chemistry
Medical clearance to work in PPE
80 hrs (indicative)
The training takes place at the Core CBRN Training Facility at the Hiddingen Test Center or at the client’s location. The course could be extended/modified to suit customer’s choice of analytical techniques.
English (Interpretation services upon request)
Core CBRN Environmental Sample Analysis Certificate
Core CBRN International is an ASIS Preferred CPE provider. This training program qualifies for ASIS recertification credit.