The aim of the Decontamination and Clean-up operations following a CBRN incident course is to familiarise participants with procedures of site decontamination during and after the CBRN incident and measures of restoring the site for public use.
At the conclusion of this course participants will have knowledge of:
- Types of Decontamination operations during and after CBRN incidents
- CBRN Materials
- Types of material for decontamination
- Protection levels
- Contaminated waste collection and disposal
- Issues relevant to residual contamination
- Termination of agents and verification procedures
- Cordoning the area and establishing buffer zones
- Measures for proclaiming a free contamination area
- Upgrading Emergency Response Plan
The course focuses on the measures which should be taken by responders to restore site safety through a selection of protection and decontamination equipment and methods of application. The course also guides participants toward the procedures for verifying the absence of agents and ways of waste/ residual contamination handling. The content is divided into theoretical and practical topics (i.e. demonstration of certain equipment), besides some table top exercises.
This course is open to military personnel, police personnel, emergency first responders, medical personnel, civil servants working in relevant international organisations, safety and security personnel.
Core CBRN General Awareness
CBRN Incidents Response Command and Control Operations
40 hrs (indicative)
The course takes place at one of our training facilities or at another location that is most convenient and cost-effective to the client.
English (Interpretation services upon request)
Core CBRN Decontamination and Clean-up Operation Following a CBRN Incident Certificate
Core CBRN International is an ASIS Preferred CPE provider. This training program qualifies for ASIS recertification credit.