The aim of the CBRN Environmental Sampling and Sample Handling course is to enable participants to analyse, plan, prepare for and collect chemical, biological, radiological and environmental samples under hazardous conditions for subsequent laboratory analysis. The course also covers evidence collection, recording and chain-of-custody procedures.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Preparation of effective environmental sampling and analysis plans based on earlier reconnaissance missions
- Field Sampling QA/QC practices
- Field equipment/personnel decontamination procedures
- Sample handling and shipment
- Data recording and chain-of-custody procedures
- Soil, solid, liquid, air/vapour and surface wipe sampling methods and equipment
- Outdoor practical sampling exercises using the Client’s sampling kit/Core CBRN Sampling Kit:
– Sample collection (team work)
– Using field detectors and observation for ideal sampling spots
– Collection of samples using simulant agents
This theoretical and practical course is structured to build incrementally challenging stages where participants are closely monitored and assessed by the instructors for their safety and performance. The course can be provided either with the client’s own equipment or with the Core CBRN Sampling Kit.
This course is open to first responders such as police, civil defence and/or military personnel.
CBRN General Awareness
Medical clearance to work in Personal Protective Equipment
80 hours (indicative)
The training takes place at the Core CBRN Training Facility at the Hiddingen Test Center or at the client’s location.
English (Interpretation services upon request)
Core CBRN International CBRN Environmental Sampling and Sample Handling Certificate
Core CBRN International is an ASIS Preferred CPE provider. This training program qualifies for ASIS recertification credit.