The aim of the CBRN General awareness course is to provide participants with a sound knowledge and understanding of Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear events
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of national and international CBRN preparedness and response
- Recognise a CBRN incident
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of personal and public protection methods
- Demonstrate knowledge of decontamination
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of on-scene management of CBRN victims
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic principles of detection and early identification of CBRN material
The CBRN General awareness course is a classroom-based. It is structured to build a strong foundation in CBRN through an incremental series of lectures, that are organised according to the NATO CBRN training curriculum. We maintain a good instructor to participant ratio so that all the participants get the necessary individual attention to master the core objectives of the training curriculum. This course is a prerequisite for a number of more advanced courses.
This course is open to military personnel, law enforcement, emergency first responders, medical personnel, civil servants working in relevant organisations, safety and security officers, diplomats and all other specialists interested in learning the basics of CBRN.
The course takes place at the Core CBRN Training Facility at the Hiddingen Test Center or at any other location that is more convenient to the client.
English (may be provided in other languages upon request)
Core CBRN International CBRN General Awareness Certificate
Core CBRN International is an ASIS Preferred CPE provider. This training program qualifies for ASIS recertification credit.