The Emergency Medical Operations for CBRN incidents course provides EMS responders with CBRN-specific response skills, enabling them to safely respond to a suspected incident. Emergency medical responders will be able to provide on-scene care to victims of a suspected CBRN incident.
At the conclusion of this course, the emergency medical responder will be able to:
- Demonstrate emergency, on-scene treatment following exposure to chemical hazards
- Demonstrate emergency treatment following exposure to biological agents
- Demonstrate emergency, on-scene treatment following an exposure to radiological hazards
- Demonstrate decontamination procedures for non ambulatory victims
- Don and doff PPE Level B and downgrade to Level C as appropriate
- Identify the role of the Medical Branch as part of the incident management structure in a CBRN incident, including Triage, Treatment, Transport and Tracking functions
CBRN EMS course is a combination of lectures, hands-on training, and practical exercises. The lectures include CBRN incident management; treatment of victims of exposure to chemical, biological, and radiological hazards. Hands-on training modules provide the emergency medical responder with the knowledge and skills to perform triage operations while in PPE and to perform decontamination of victims.
In the Cold Lanes, emergency medical responders have an opportunity to practice additional treatment protocols and transport and tracking procedures. On the third day students are faced with a practical exercise requiring the application of knowledge and skills learned during the course.
The EMS course is intended for responders in EMS, including those trained as Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) and paramedics. Hospital staff, including physicians and nurses, will also benefit from this training.
CBRN General Awareness
Medical clearance to work in Personal Protective Equipment
24 hours (indicative)
The training takes place at the Core CBRN Training Facility at the Hiddingen Test Center in Germany or at the client’s health care location.
English (Interpretation services upon request)
Emergency Medical operations for CBRN incidents